Monday, March 16, 2009

iPhone OS 3.0 Announcement

So what's new? iPhone 3.0 firmware update details are going to be announced tomorrow. 
Engagdet is gonna give us a live feed on the announcement (thanks to SR for the heads-up) so keep your browser on there and your finger on F5. Most important of all, keep wishing for best, for all our sakes.

Here's what's on my wishlist (take your bathroom break now, it's a long list ahead):
  • Wireless Sync
  • Tethering
  • MMS (it's included in my plan :P)
  • Push API
  • Video recording (like the jailbreak apps do)
  • RSS Reader (one that allows you to subscribe to feeds, not like the one in safari that only lets you read them.
  • Support for HTTP mail (like Windows Live Mail for Hotmail)
  • a native IM app
  • App Folders on the Springboard
  • Springboard themes
  • Landscape mode Springboard (like the video in my last post)
  • native iWork apps
  • Removable USB disk usage (I forgot the actual term)
  • File browsing
  • More video codecs for the iPod app (I hate converting)
  • Flash for Safari so we can stream videos from everywhere but without the ads, so like a little button on the area that you click to view the flash object to avoid ads and other similar things
  • I don't really care about multitasking except IM apps (as requested above) and for when taking a call I want everything as I left it
  • and some other fun stuff that only Apple would think of ;)
Are these possible? Yup. Are they likely to be in the next update? Not so much. Is this really too much to ask?.... Don't answer that.
Anyway that's my wishlist, what's on yours? (Post it in the comments) 

No comments:

Post a Comment